Sutong Tire Resources, Inc. hereby warrants that every new tire purchased under this limited warranty from an authorized dealer of Sutong or one of Sutong’s customers is free from defects in workmanship and material for the life of the original tread, down to 2/32″, at which point the tire is legally worn out. Effective retroactively all Sutong ST trailer tires are now included in this complimentary Road Hazard policy as set in this updated warranty policy.
If a defect caused by workmanship, materials, or a road hazard is found in any ST Trailer tire within the first 2/32” of the original tread:
- The defective tire will be replaced with a comparable new Sutong ST Trailer tire by an authorized Sutong dealer. A Road Hazard must be deemed unrepairable and unserviceable due to a road hazard.
- Proof of purchase and replacement will be required.
- Applicable taxes on the new tire shall be the responsibility of the owner.
- The cost of the mounting and balancing is the responsibility of the owner.
- Free replacement applies to new first quality tires only. Blems and retreads are specifically excluded.
- Credit will be given towards a comparable new Sutong ST Trailer tire in proportion to the original usable tread remaining on such a defective tire.
- Adjustment for out-of-round tires is allowed only during the first 1/32” of the original tread or within the first 30 days of purchase whichever comes first.
- This limited warranty only extends to the original purchaser and the original vehicle on which they were mounted and are not assignable to subsequent purchasers of vehicles.
- This warranty only applies for two years from the date of purchase and is applicable in the United States and Canada only. Tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside the United States or Canada are not covered by this warranty.
- The following is not covered by this limited warranty:
- Sidewall damage
- Tires branded or marked “non-Adjustable” (N/A), blemished (Blem), or previously adjusted tires.
- Failure, damage, or irregular wear due to mechanical wear i.e., lose or worn parts:
- Underinflation, overinflation and/or overloading.
- Collision damage
- Fire, accidents, vandalism, improper alignment, wheel imbalance, faulty shocks, or breaks.
- Misapplication of the tire.
- Alteration of the tire or addition of foreign material, including chemical balancing materials.
- Cost of mounting and balancing service.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damages.
To be eligible for this limited warranty the owner must:
- Present the defective tire to an authorized dealer from which the original purchase was made.
- Present proof of purchase to the satisfaction of the dealer
- Complete and sign a Sutong claim form, available at any Sutong authorized dealer.
- Any claim must be made within 30 days of the defect discovery or tire failure.
- Sutong reserves the right to inspect the tire before making any warranty adjustment.
- Pay the amount due on a new tire, less the amount of credit, including taxes, mounting, and balancing charges or cost of other services ordered from the dealer.
Limited Warranty Disclaimer
This limited warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of ST Trailer tires. No employee of Sutong or its dealers and, or representatives have the authority to make representations other than what is stated herein, whether expressed or implied, and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein.