Sutong China Tire Resources, Inc. (SCTR) hereby warrants that every new SuperCargo MTR tire purchased under this limited warranty from an authorized dealer of SCTR is free from defects in workmanship and material for the life of the original tread, down to 2/32”, at which point the tire is considered to be legally worn out.
50% FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If a defect in workmanship and materials is found in any SuperCargo MTR tire within the first 50% of tread wear (calculated by subtracting one-half (1/2) the difference between the original new tire depth and 2/32” from the original new tire tread depth), SCTR, Inc. will refund the cost of a replacement of the tire as follows:
- The defective tire must be replaced with a comparable new SuperCargo tire by an authorized dealer. Proof of replacement will be required.
- Applicable taxes on the new tire shall be borne by the owner.
- 50% free replacement applies to new first quality tires only. Blemished (Blems), retreads and road hazard tires are specifically excluded.
If a defect in workmanship and materials is found in any SuperCargo MTR tires after the first 50% of tread wear of the original usable tread has worn out, a credit will be given toward the purchase of a comparable new SuperCargo tire in proportion of the original usable tread remaining on such defective tire to the original usable tread of the new tire. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing service are the responsibility of the owner. Adjustment on out-of-balance or out-of-round tires is allowed only during the first 2/32” of the original tread.
- Casing of truck tires are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials through the life of the second retread. The life of the second retread is considered to end when the remaining tread on the second retread reaches a buffing stage of 2/32” or less.
- Casing warranties are valid only for first five (5) years after date the original tire was manufactured.
- If an examination shows that a casing of a radial truck failed to such a defect, SCTR will issue a credit toward the purchase price of a comparable new SuperCargo tire in amount indicated below:
|225 & 24570R19.5
|11R & 295/75R22.5
|11R & 295/75R24.5
|385 & 425/65R22.5
- SCTR limited warranties only extend to the original purchaser and the original vehicle on which they were mounted and are not assignable to subsequent purchasers or vehicles. Warranties only apply for two years from the date of purchase.
This limited warranty is applicable in the United States and Canada only. Tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside the United States and Canada are not covered by this warranty.
- The following is not covered by this limited warranty:
- Tires branded or marked “Non-Adjustable” (N/A) or “Blemished” (Blem) or previously adjusted tires.
- Failure, damage, or irregular wear due to:
- Road hazards (i.e. puncture, cut, snag, impact breaks, etc.) and/or collision damage.
- Fire, accident, vandalism, improper alignment, wheel imbalance, faulty shocks or brakes.
- Misapplication of tire or use of an improper inner tube.
- Alteration of the tire or addition of foreign material, including chemical balancing materials.
- Cost of mounting and balancing service.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damages.
In order to be eligible for limited warranty service, the owner must:
- Present the defective tire to an authorized SCTR dealer from which the original purchase was made.
- Present proof of purchase to the satisfaction of the dealer.
- Complete and sign a SCTR, claim form, available at any SCTR, Inc. authorized dealer.
- All claims must be made within 30 days of the defect discovery or tire failure.
- Sutong reserves the right to inspect the tire before making any adjustment.
- Pay the amount due on a new tire, less the amount of credit; including taxes, mounting and balancing charges or cost of other services ordered.
Limited Warranty Disclaimer
This limited warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of tires, whether expressed or implied, and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein.